We assist faculty in integrating communication assignments within their courses, allowing students to develop the communication skills needed to succeed in their field while acquiring a deeper understanding of the course material.
Staff with the Program in Writing and Communication work closely with individual instructors, departments, and academic programs to help them reach their goals for student development. We also assist departments and faculty with developing discipline-specific communication assignments (whether oral, written or visual) within courses.
- If you would like to consult with a staff member about teaching communication skills, contact Dr. Jennifer Wilson (x.4924). We can help you revise an existing syllabus, create a new course, or revise or design a specific assignment.
- If you would like your students to have more information about the services of the Center for Academic and Professional Communication, you can request that a CAPC staff member visit your class.
- If you have a student you would like to refer to the CAPC, you can use our referral form or contact Ms. Kyung-Hee Bae (x.4915).
CAPC staff members can present the following workshops in your class. To request one of these workshops or explore the possibility of a new topic, contact Ms. Bae (x.4915):
- Oral Presentation Design and Delivery
- Avoiding Plagiarism and/or Working with Sources
- Visual Design for PowerPoint or Research Posters
- Designing Effective Tables and Figures
- Guided Peer Review
- If you would like to receive feedback on your own writing or a presentation, contact Ms. Bae (x.4915).